Absolute Black Oval Road/Gravel CR 2X 110/4 BCT 46T Chainring (Black)
AbsoluteBLACK introduces premium Gravel - Road 110/4 oval chainrings in Sub-compact (super compact) sizes to improve your climbing and cadence. Increased cadence is key to reducing perceived effort. With 48/32T and 46/30T crankset chainrings you can ride anywhere and climb anything. Alpine climbs will never be that difficult anymore. These special super compact chainrings are compatible with all Shimano 110/4bcd cranks making absoluteBLACK the only company on the market offering such sizes. 30 and 32T chainrings allow you to climb on your own terms with improved cadence and efficiency. 10/11/12spd compatible. Ready to try?
- Our Sub Compact chainrings only work in predefined size combinations and are not sold as a set. When ordering add 30T and 46T, or 32T and 48T chainrings to your basket. Mounting bolts are included in the price of the small ring.
- Due to very special 2.5mm offset construction of BOTH chainrings towards the frame and custom bolts:
- 30T can only work with 46T and special bolt set 46/30. (bolts included with small ring)
- 32T can only work with 48T and special bolt set 48/32. (bolts included with small ring)
- No other combination or mix of rings will work. Due to special mounting construction, aesthetic bolt covers are not offered for this design
How to mount Super-Compact 46/30T & 48/32T 110/4 Oval chainrings:
First, you need to remove your crank from your bike. Once removed, unscrew the 4 bolts that hold two chainrings together with a T-30 torx key. Remove both original rings.
For 46/30T - Start by placing big chainring on the crank. There is only one way to do it. Next locate triangular mark on inner circumference on the small chainring and make sure it will sit behind the crank. Small chainring has also integrated spacers on one side. Those spacers need to enter into the crank mounting holes. 30T chainring is provided with 2x M5 bolts (Torx T-25) and 2x M7 bolts (torx T-30). Lock both chainrings in place using provided bolts and torque M5 to 4-5Nm and M7 to 5-7Nm.
For 48/32T - Same procedure applies except that 32T chainring comes with 4x M7 bolts (torx T-30) .
- 30 and 32T chainrings allow you to climb on your own terms with improved cadence and efficiency
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
- No more mashing on long climbs and wishing for bigger cassette.
- Have you ever had to walk the climb on sportive race? These rings will save you from it.
- 46/11 or 48/11 is still a big gear to push on the flat. For your daily ride you most likely don't need more Your pedaling will feel smoother.
- AB oval reduces stress on knees and helps your legs remain fresher for longer.
- You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces possibility of leg cramps
- Size : 46T (99g), 48T (110g)
- Colour Options : Black, Grey, Champagne
- Compatibility : Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, R9120, R9150 & R9170 Di2, Ultegra 8000, R8020, R8050 & 8070 Di2., 105 R7000, R7020, R7070, Dura-Ace 9000 & Di2, Ultegra 6800 & Di2, Shimano 105 5800, Tiagra 4700; 10 / 11 / 12spd compatible.
- Bolts : Special bolts are included with 30T (2xM5 TI / 2xM7 AL). Special bolts are included with 32T (4xM7 AL)
- Material : CNC machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
- Ovality : Optimized to each size separately. 46/48T - 10-11.2%; Timing of 108 -110.5° after TDC (top dead center) - Ideal for climbing. Patent Pending