Everything you need to know about shipping and delivery of the items you just bought on our site.
To ensure you have a fantastic online shopping experience, we take utmost care to deliver. Being a small business has its pro's and cons - while it allows us to have a focus on customer satisfaction, logistics can be tricky since we don't own courier companies.
Having said that we have partnered with the best shipping companies across India to ensure your product reaches you on time and in the best condition.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The shipping charges for your product would depend on 2 key parameters
- the nature of product you've ordered - big items weight more vs small items (read more about volumetric weights)
- your shipping address
Our shipping charges include packaging, handling and transport costs. In case, your shipping location is classified as a remote location by our shipping partners, there would be an additional charge above the base shipping charge for heavy/bulky products; the same will be communicated to you after your order is placed via email/phone.
In a few cases, we would require additional documents like Road Permits and boring government forms that you would need to share with us before we can ship. The list is big and can be confusing, but our team will reach out in case we need your assistance.
What is the Estimated Delivery Time?
Once an order has been placed, we aim to process and ship out your products within 48hrs from our warehouses. An email with tracking details should be sitting in your inbox as soon as the items have been shipped.
ps - logistics systems across the country seem to be notoriously decrepit and slow with updates. Many a time items have already reached the rider before the website proudly shows a delivered status.
Delivery timelines depend on two key parameters
- Product availability
- Your location
Broadly speaking, our logistics partners deliver within 1 to 14 business days. Remember, business days exclude public holidays and Sundays. Remote Areas take additional time. Products available in our Bangalore warehouse will be delivered on the same day to riders in Bangalore city!
In case there are any issues with delivery or stock availability, our rider support team will reach out to help with delivery information, refunds or alternate product recommendations.
Don't worry, we have your back!
How are bicycle delivered?
Bicycles are insured before they are shipped over. In case the box arrives damaged, please mention the same on the delivery proof that you sign during the time of delivery.
If requested, your bike will be carefully set up and tested by a trained bike mechanic before it is shipped to you. We could also work with an LBS (local bike shop) in your neighborhood and ensure they set up the bike safely before you ride it out.
The BOTS Pre Setup includes
- The bike is unboxed, checked thoroughly to ensure it will work as expected
- Gears and brakes are tuned for accurate shifts and sharp braking
- Wheels are checked to ensure they are true. The tire is inflated and checked for cracks and deformities
- A complete bolt check to ensure bolts are torqued to industry standards
- A quick ride on the bike to ensure everything works on road too
- The bike is reboxed as per industry standards to ensure safe transport
Once you receive the bike, the following needs to be done before the first ride
- Remove all packaging carefully. Don't throw away anything yet!
- Plug in the front wheel (video)
- The seat post needs to install. Might require a size 4 or size 5 allen key (video)
- The handlebar needs to be installed. Might require a size 4 or size 5 allen key (video)
- The pedals need to be fixed. Requires a 15mm spanner (video)
- Perform the M-Check to ensure the bike is good to ride (video)
- Schedule an appointment with a BOTS Bike Specialist to ensure the bike is safe to ride and to get tips to ride even more!
Bike builds at home will require some basic tooling. Do reach out to us and we would be happy to recommend what you need to purchase along with your bike.
Who are your delivery partners?
We process all deliveries through reputed couriers like Delhivery & Spoton Logistics. We have worked with multiple companies over the last 4 years and these have stood the test of time and have delivered.
Where can I track my packages?
As soon as items are shipped out of our warehouses, you should receive an email with tracking details.
Any other hidden costs that I need to know about?
We have done our best to factor in all associated costs with the sale and this is reflected in the invoice amount. In case there are any unforeseen costs, the rider support team would get in touch with you directly and help with next steps. We have factored in all the costs and the MRP is the final price of the product. The only extra bit could be shipping.
For more info
- email us at email@example.com
- call us (+91) 73497 83178
Our support teams work 10AM - 7PM, Monday to Saturday.