Absolute Black Oval 12 Speed Chainring (Black)
🚚 Delivery Estimated between 03 December and 08 December.
The Original one and only absoluteBLACK Premium, Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ compatible Direct mount 1X Oval traction chainrings are designed for XTR M9100, XT M8100, SLX M7100 & Deore M6100 cranks. They feature the exact same excellent oval shape as the rest of our oval chainring portfolio. This new type of direct mount chainring will make your Shimano crank look great and perfectly mesh with the Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chain. This particular chainring will ONLY work with CN-M9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100 Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chains due to the different thicknesses of the teeth.
It is ideal for 1x 12spd. The oval (elliptical) chainring does not compromise the work of the clutch mechanism in the rear derailleur. It also does not require a chain tensioner when used in the singlespeed application. Riding out of the saddle on the uphill will become more pleasant.
The ovality of the chainring is in the range of 10-14% (dependent on size) and feels perfectly round when riding. These chainrings also help you to recover after knee injuries as pedaling becomes smoother and less exhausting. It is the most advanced oval chainring currently on the market.
Advantages of our special Oval chainrings for Shimano XTR M9100 :
- We mastered our oval chainrings to perfection, so you can get the best possible advantage from the oval/elliptical shape.
- Finest design to provide an excellent weight-to-strength ratio
- One-of-a-kind special oval shape (Patent Pending)
- Greatly improves traction and climbing abilities
- Unique Patent Pending narrow-wide teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for a minimum of 12 months!
- Special 3D teeth machining for ultimate mud relief decrease wear and noise dramatically
- All rings have built-in threads for ease of mounting and reduction in weight
- Superb quality and a great look.
- You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using a round ring then others will get quicker.
- You will not "feel" the oval shape at all
- Reduces stress on knees
How to mount Absolute Black Oval Chainring to XTR M9100 Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ crank:
Using Hollowtech II BB Removal Tool (like BBB BTL-116 ), carefully open the lockring that holds the chainring on the crank(normal threads). Once the lockring is removed, take off the old chainring, and re-grease the splines on the crank. Place new oval chainring with convex side to the crank. The chainring/crank has special splines that only fit one way. Close the lockring to 35-50Nm of force. The chainring is only compatible with XTR CN-M9100 chains. Using other chains may cause the chain to drop very easily from the chainring due to thinner than usual teeth.
- Size: 28T, 30T, 32T, 34T, 36T
- Color Options: Black, Grey, Red, Gold
- Compatibility : Fits to Shimano XTR M9100 , M9120, M9130, XT M8100, M8120, M8130 , SLX M7100, M7120, M7130, Deore M6100, M6120, M6130 & FC-MT900 cranksets. Works ONLY with CN-M9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100 Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chain.
- Material: CNC machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
- Chainline: Dependent on the crank model. Every crank model has a different axle length, but the same chainrings.
- Ovality: Optimized to each size separately. Range: 10.2-14.4% and Timing of 110.5-116.3° after TDC (top dead center) Patent Pending
- Chain Options : 12spd XTR9100, 8100, 7100 & 6100 Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chain only
- Chainguide needed: No. But if you want one then the chain guide should have 2 teeth more capacity than the nominal oval ring size.
It's a Direct Mount chainring so please use the original lockring to mount it on the crank. Always use a new chain with a new chainring
If you wish to check for frame clearance with the new oval ring, below you can find measurements of the biggest dimension of the oval (tip to tip of tooth):
28T: 127mm ; 30T: 134mm ; 32T: 143mm ; 34T: 151mm
- Teeth Ratio - 36T
- Compatibility - 12 Speed
- Material - Aluminum
- Ovality - Range: 10.2-14.4% and Timing of 110.5-116.3° after TDC (top dead center) Patent Pending