absoluteBlack Oval MTB HG Chainring (Black)
The Original one and only absoluteBLACK Premium, Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ compatible Direct mount 1X Oval traction chainrings are designed for XTR M9100, XT M8100 & SLX M7100 cranks. They feature the exact same excellent oval shape as rest of our oval chainring portfolio. This new type of direct mount chainring will make your Shimano crank looking great and perfectly mesh with Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chain. This particular chainring will ONLY works with CN-M9100, 8100 & 7100 Shimano 12spd Hyperglide+ chain due to different thickness of the teeth.
It is ideal for 1x 12spd. Oval (elliptical) chainring does not compromise the work of clutch mechanism in rear derailleur(video at the bottom). It also does not require chain tensioner when using in singlespeed application. Riding out of saddle on the uphill will become more pleasant.
Ovality of the chainring is in range of 10-14% (dependent on size) and feels perfectly round when riding. These chainrings also help you to recover after knee injuries as pedaling becomes smoother and less exhausting. It is the most advanced oval chainring currently on the market.
- Finest design to provide excellent weight to strength ratio
- One of a kind special oval shape (Patent Pending)
- Greatly improves traction and climbing abilities
- Unique Patent Pending alternate wide and narrow teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for minimum 12 months!
- Special 3D teeth machining for ultimate mud relief decrease wear and noise dramatically
- They save weight because they don't need the spider and chainring bolts.
- The ability of installation of a smaller ring sizes that can't be mounted on regular spider.
- Superb quality and great look.
- You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using round ring then others will get quicker
- You will not "feel" the oval shape at all
- Reduces stress on knees
- We mastered our oval chainrings to perfection, so you can get best possible advantage from the oval/elliptical shape.