Basso Frame Astra Disc Frameset (Black)
🚚 Delivery Estimated between 12 December and 17 December.
The Astra model pushes the limits farther than any previous version and does so with a good dose of style. Produced entirely in-house by the skilled hands of the Basso staff, the latest version of the Astra model incorporates a great deal of technology that derives from its upper-tier siblings and adopts a design that follows a tighter family feeling than ever before.
Astra is developed around people's lives to make it suitable for various occasions, even very different from each other. Its features are designed with a particular purpose: to amplify the lifestyle of those who get on the saddle, whatever their definition of cyclist.
- Versatility and completeness: Astra maintains its vocation for road cycling, but the attention to detail has made it less nervous and more comfortable. Light but without pushing the frame's carbon to the extreme (which weighs about 980 g), it adopts Basso's high-profile technological solutions.
- The 35 mm tire clearance allows you to mount wider tires and venture beyond the tarmac on light dirt roads. The integrated cables with Paradigma technology and the All Road handlebar by Microtech increase safety and comfort while maintaining clean aesthetics.
- True to its Basso DNA, the Astra is a thoroughbred racehorse ready to take you further, faster, and more confidently. The straight fork and rear triangle take design cues from their higher-tier brethren on the SV and, as such, incorporate a similar reactive and responsive handling.
- Constructed from 100% 3k Torayca High Modulous Carbon Fiber from a blend of T700 and MR60 fibers, the Astra is capable of offering performance on par with its higher-tier siblings, with the only compromise coming in the form of a few extra grams. Constructed in-house by hand, the Astra, just like the rest of Basso frames, is made to be as beautiful inside and out.
- The Astra front end was studied with the stem and carbon spacers to allow a flush and stiff connection between the parts.
This system improves both performance and aesthetics of the front end.
- 3B Clamp System Gen 2: A hidden fixing solution that is invisible on the frame, intertwining technological and aesthetic innovation.
The result is a lightweight, invisible and integrated solid system with three screws, which has been further implemented through the vulcanization of the steel plank. This Basso solution gives the 3B system an anti-vibration function, which improves the riding experience by elevating comfort on uneven and bumpy surfaces.
- Basso developed geometry studied to confer the perfect blend of snappy handling and acceleration and a comfortable position for the long haul. Astra's geometry is the most Basso derived from the steel models. A platform improved year after year, preserving the racing DNA but making it transversal and able to adapt to those who are not an athlete who ride bikes every day. An evergreen is consistent with its past but capable of perfecting itself from model to model, becoming more versatile.
- Frame: Astra carbon monocoque construction 100% 3K Torayca HMCF T700-MR60
- Fork: Astra carbon monocoque construction 100% 3K Torayca HMCF T700-MR60
- Seat Post Clamp: 3B Gen 2 Seatpost Clamp
- Front Thru Axle: Basso Standard 125mm x 12mm
- Rear Thru Axle: Basso Explorer 165mm x 12mm
- Hanger: Basso Disc Standard
- Headset: Microtech Integrated Cables HeadSet
- Stem: Paradigma Stem
- Spacers: Spacers already included: 3 x 5 mm
- Handlebar Tape: Logo Handlebar Tape 2 mm
- Seatpost: Heart Carbon -15 mm Seatpost
Geometry & Size Guide
Every good bike fit starts with choosing the correct frame size for you. This will allow you to benefit best of the bike's performance and comfort for an efficient riding position.
|Seat Tube (A1)||450 mm||480 mm||510 mm||530 mm||560 mm||580 mm||610 mm|
|Top Tube (B)||505 mm||515 mm||525 mm||545 mm||560 mm||575 mm||590 mm|
|Reach (R)||374 mm||374 mm||377 mm||383 mm||385 mm||388 mm||389 mm|
|Stack (S)||527 mm||527 mm||552 mm||564 mm||591 mm||614 mm||638 mm|
|Seat Tube Angle (C)||76°||75°||75°||74°||73,5°||73°||72,5°|
|Steering Tube Angle (D)||71,8°||71,8°||72°||72,3°||73,5°||73,5°||74°|
|Chain-Stay Lenght (E)||400 mm||400 mm||400 mm||400 mm||402 mm||406 mm||406 mm|
|BB to Fork Lenght (F)||576 mm||576 mm||585 mm||592 mm||590 mm||599 mm||602 mm|
|Head Tube (H)||125 mm||125 mm||150 mm||162 mm||180 mm||204 mm||228 mm|
|Handlebar width out/out (M)||420 mm||420 mm||420 mm||440 mm||440 mm||440 mm||460 mm|
|Stem length (N)||90 mm||100 mm||100 mm||100 mm||110 mm||120 mm||130 mm|