Giant Contend AR 2 (Deep Lake)
🚚 Delivery Estimated between 09 December and 14 December.
SOME ROADS ARE SMOOTH, OTHERS ARE ROUGH. THIS SMOOTH-RIDING ALL-ROUNDER HANDLES IT ALL, TAKING YOU FROM THE MAIN ROUTE TO MORE ADVENTUROUS OPTIONS WITH CONFIDENCE AND CONTROL.
- Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
- Innovative D-Fuse seatpost reduces road shocks and vibrations, and a Giant WheelSystem lets you run tubeless tires up to 38mm for a smoother ride quality and reduced risk of flats.
- Seamless disc brake integration, including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and on rough roads.
- Intended Use- Endurance
- Wheel Size- 700c
- Braking System- Mechanical Disc
- Frame Material- Aluminium
- Fork Material- Carbon
- Frame- ALUXX-Grade Aluminum 12x142mm thru-axle Disc Max. tire 38c
- Fork- Advanced-Grade Composite Full Carbon OverDrive Steerer 12x100mm thru-axle Disc
- Bottom Bracket- Cartridge
- Chain- KMC X10-1
- Crank- Tiagra 34/50
- Shift Levers- Shimano Tiagra
- Cassette- Shimano Tiagra 11-34t
- Front Derailleur- Shimano Tiagra
- Rear Derailleur- Shimano Tiagra GS
- Grips/Bartape- Cork Tape VLT-004
- Handlebar- Giant Connect
- Stem- Giant Sport
- Saddle- GIANT Approach with GIANT patented UniClip & ParticleFlow technology
- Seatpost- Giant D-Fuse Composite Offset 14mm
- Front Brake- Tektro MD-C550 160 Rotor F&R
- Rear Brake- Tektro MD-C550 160 Rotor F&R
- Front Wheel- S-R2 Disc 12mm Thru-Axle
- Rear Wheel- S-R2 Disc 12mm Thru-Axle
- Tire- Giant Gavia Fondo 2 700X32C Tubeless
- Pedal- GA Pan-Eu: no pedal GU GV GJ:Platform pedal Rest GSC :Pedal w/Toe clip and strape
Fantastic bike overall. Gears are smooth and powerful especially on uphill climbs. Frame is light but extremely easy to control. Seat is slender but surprisingly springy and comfortable on rough roads. The hydraulic brakes are very very effective so please don't clamp down at high speeds, takes some getting used to. The cockpit is fine but the stem is too long, you may get it shortened by 2 inches, any bike shop can do it. The wheels need >80 psi, so get an adaptor for the air valves if you finding it easier to attach to an automated pump, no fun if air is only around 60-70.
Bike moves very fast on smooth roads so watch your speed!