Shimano FD-6870-F Ultegra Di2 Front Derailleur - 11 Speed
This is the Shimano Ultegra Di2 Front Derailleur for braze-on mounting compatible frames. Our Ultegra Di2 series with electronic shifting is "pro-proven" as it is a direct trickle down from our Dura Ace group. It stands for state-of-the-art technology, proven in pro races, the technologies used in the new Ultegra 6870 series. The electronic shifting lets you concentrate on your performance.
- Precision actuators move the cage swiftly and smoothly for fast, silent, and accurate front shifts every time
- Programmed automatic trim function
- The support bolt creates a rigid platform for the front derailleur to move the chain to the outer chainring
- Keeps correct alignment, even when under high pedaling torque
- Weight: 155g
SEIS SHIMANO ELECTRONIC INTELLIGENT SYSTEM
A technological innovation of the computerized shifting system based on the DI2 concept with which is called, the SEIS (SHIMANO ELECTRONIC INTELLIGENT SYSTEM).
The SEIS innovative shift technology is still based on the SHIMANO INDEX SYSTEM (SIS) that has proved its superior gear changing characteristics over the years. The big difference is that in this case, the shifting action is provided for by electronics instead of mechanics.
This electronic shifting system has been extensively tested over past two years by several professional riders in all conditions possible, such as rain, mud, low temperatures, cobble stone roads and combinations of all of these at the same time.
Shifting is executed by simply pressing the button.
No power is needed to shift, which gives important advantages since it is easier now to always keep a tight grip on the handlebar and to keep your concentration on riding instead on shifting.
The shift system allows accurate and effortless shifting in difficult circumstances for example when you have cold hands or when you are completely exhausted. Furthermore, the shifting performance will never be affected by contaminated or stretched cables since the shifting signal is transferred electronically. The operating buttons work similarly to mechanical DUAL CONTROL LEVER so you don’t need to re-program your mind for the SEIS.
Benefits & Features
- Wirelessly customize functions like SHIMANO SYNCHRONIZED SHIFT over Bluetooth® while out on a ride.
- Automatically checks for firmware updates on each startup to ensure all components are running the latest version.
- PC, smartphone and tablet applications can help you quickly diagnose errors and simplify the repair process.
- Beautiful visualization of your real-time SHIMANO STEPS riding data on your smartphone.
- Advanced all-weather design resists rusting, stretching, and freezing.