Shimano SM-RT70 Disc Brake Rotor
Estimated Shipping Widget will be displayed here! (with custom color)
Shimano’s Rider Tuned philosophy is on display with SLX M7000, as the group offers a broad spectrum of drivetrain range options, and supports the latest trail and recreational bikes with bigger tires, wider hub flange spacing, or both. New Shimano SLX M7000 has been redesigned from the ground up to perform in any trail situation.
The SM-RT70 Ice-Tech rotors (160, 180, and 203mm) have a sandwich structure of an aluminum core embedded in 2 stainless steel layers. The higher heat dissipation of the aluminum helps to reduce the surface temperature of the rotor by around 100 degrees Celsius. Optional Ice-Tech brake pads with aluminum cooling fins can reduce the brake pad surface temperature by another 50 degrees. The result is high stopping power and practically no signs of fading!
- The Centerlock interface uses a lockring to mount the disc rotor to the hub
- Centerlock rotors are interchangeable with all Shimano disc brakes as long as the hubs and rotor size match the caliper
- Unless otherwise noted, Centerlock rotors include a lock ring and washer
- Ice Tech brake rotors (RT-98; RT-81; RT-67) feature an aluminum core clad with stainless steel braking surfaces. The innovative design sheds weight, dissipates heat, and dramatically improves overall performance
- Freeza Technology (RT-99) features a 3-layer structure with an aluminum core and stainless steel outer layers and additional aluminum cooling fins reducing rotor surface temperature by approximately 150 degrees Celsius compared to all-steel rotors
- Rotors can be installed using a standard, 12 splines, cassette lockring tool
|Diameter||140 mm, 160 mm, 180 mm, 203 mm|
|Mount type||Shimano Centerlock|