Surly Ogre Frameset (Black)
🚚 Delivery Estimated between 11 December and 16 December.
It’s not sluggish on pavement or gravel and can also hold its own on singletrack. Feel like riding from Alaska to the tip of South America? You can load everything you need on Ogre and still have plenty of space for “souvenirs”. Ogre can handle it even if you don’t think you can. Ogre believes in you so you don’t have to.
For this year, Ogre received a similar treatment as Troll did last year — horizontal slotted dropouts with Gnot-Boost spacing, a tweaked non-suspension corrected geometry, and a beefier tire clearance — but in a 29er platform. The chainstay yoke has been redesigned to be fully compatible with both 29 x 2.5” and 27.5+ tires. Now with even more of the accessory barnacles you’ve come to know and love on many of our bikes: two water bottle mounts, four sets of three-pack bosses, mid- and low-blade fork eyelets, threaded holes for racks, fenders, and trailer mounting nuts, and a Rohloff OEM2 axle plate slot. If you opt to buy an Ogre complete bike, prepare yourself to get handsy with our new Moloko bar that comes stock on it. It offers hand positions that you didn’t even know existed and the ability to mount even more accessories.
We typically try to avoid bullshit cliché terms like “Do-It-All” or “Swiss Army Knife of Bikes”, so we’ll just say that Ogre can probably handle most of the ideas that are bouncing around in your head.
- Tubing - Surly 4130 Cromoly steel. Main triangle custom double butted. Tig Welded. ED coated
- Rear Dropouts - Horizontal slotted with derailleur hanger. 145mm Gnot-Boost O.L.D. features Rohloff torque arm slot and threaded eyelets for fenders, racks, and Surly trailer mounts
- Brake Compatibility - Disc and rim brake compatible. Disc mounts are 51mm IS Rim brake pivots are removable. Note: rear disc brake is limited to 160mm maximum rotor diameter and requires the use of Surly caliper adapter (included with frames and bikes)
- Braze-ons/extras - Full-length Surly Trip Guide housing line guides for derailleurs and brakes; two sets of bottle cage mounts; removable post cantilever pivots; upper seatstay threaded barrels, 4 sets of triple bottle mounts, mid-and low-blade fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets; threaded holes for racks, fenders and trailer mounting nuts; Rohloff OEM2 axle plate mounting slot
- Seatpost diameter - 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter - 30mm (Surly stainless included)
- Headset/Steertube - 1-1/8" threadless
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter - 31.8mm, top-pull or Shimano high direct mount (adaptor included)
- Bottom bracket shell - 73mm shell width, threaded standard English (1.37˝ x 24t)
- Chainring Clearance - 24/36/48t
- Tire Clearance - 29x2.5" or 27.5x3"
- Fork - TIG-welded tapered & butted 4130 CroMoly, non-suspension corrected, tapered straight blade. Low- and mid-blade fully threaded through-blade rack eyelets; fender mount eyelets at dropout; 1-1/8˝ x 260mm threadless steer tube, 51mm disc mount (180mm max. rotor diameter), removable cantilever pivots, two sets of triple bottle mounts on each fork blade. Note: you can’t always mount bottles on the fork with every rack
- Thru Axle - HU0134 Surly 12x142/148 Rear Thru Axle
|Seat Tube Length
|Top Tube Length
|Effective Top Tube Length
|Head Tube Angle||71.5||72.0||72.0||72.0|
|Seat Tube Angle||73.0||73.0||73.0||73.0|
|Head Tube Length||110||120||130||150|