Surly World Troller Frameset (Vanilla)
When we designed our Troll frame we set out to design a bike frame that would be, to its rider, a blank canvas upon which they could paint a masterpiece of versatility. The kind of frame that could be built using any kind of parts for any kind of purpose, be it riding the local backyard singletrack, getting to work, the store, or around the whole darn world.
Those familiar with the standard Troll frame know that you can pretty much put anything on it you want. Disc brakes? Yep. Linear pull or cantilever brakes? Indeed. Racks, disc brakes and fenders all at once, both front and rear? Totally. The point is that the World Troller can do everything the standard Troll frame can, plus it’ll bust in half via two S&S Machine frame couplers so you can fit it in an airline approved travel case, potentially costing you less to get your bike to whatever far-flung location you have decided to explore (make sure to check with your airline). We do advise that to properly make use of the option this frame provides, a certain level of mechanical aptitude is required. You have been warned.
Compared to 700c wheels, the 26” wheels of the World Troller have some advantages. 26” wheels are stronger than their larger counterparts, can be easier to find parts and tires for in many places around the world and pack more easily because of their smaller size. The World Troller, buy a one-way ticket to anywhere and ride your ass back home.
- Tubing - Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle is double-butted. TIG-welded.
- Rear Dropouts - Horizontal slotted with derailleur hanger, 135mm O.L.D. Features Rohloff torque arm slot and threaded eyelets for fenders, racks and Surly trailer mounts
- Brake Compatibility - Disc and rim brake compatible. Disc mounts are 51mm IS Rim brake pivots are removable. Note: rear disc brake is limited to 160mm maximum rotor diameter and requires the use of Surly caliper adapter (included with frames and bikes)
- Braze-ons - Full-length Surly Trip Guide housing line guides for derailleurs and brakes; two sets of bottle cage mounts; removable post cantilever pivots; upper seatstay threaded barrels, mid-and low-blade fully threaded through-blade fork eyelets; threaded holes for racks, fenders and trailer mounting nuts; Rohloff OEM2 axle plate mounting slot
- Seatpost diameter - 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp - 30.0mm (Surly Stainless Included)
- Headset/Steerer Tube - 1-1/8” Threadless
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter - 28.6mm, top-pull or Shimano high direct mount
- Bottom bracket shell - 73mm shell width, threaded standard English (1.37˝ x 24t)
- Chainring Clearance - 24/36/48t
- Tire Clearance - 26 x 2.75˝. Individual tire and rim combos affect tire clearance
- Fork - TIG-welded tapered & butted 4130 CroMoly, 100mm suspension corrected, tapered straight blade. Low- and mid-blade fully threaded through-blade rack eyelets; fender mount eyelets at dropout; 1-1/8˝ x 260mm threadless steer tube, 51mm disc mount (203mm max. rotor diameter), removable cantilever pivots, two sets of bottle mounts on each fork blade. Note: you can’t always mount bottles on the fork with every rack
|xSmall (14)||Small (16)||Medium (18)||Large (20)||xLarge (22)|
|Seat Tube Length
|Top Tube Length
|Effective Top Tube Length
|Head Tube Angle||71||71||71||71||71|
|Seat Tube Angle||73||73||73||73||73|
|Head Tube Length||90||100||110||125||145|