Absolute Black Graphenpads Disc Brake Pads (For Shimano)
🚚 Delivery Estimated between 09 December and 14 December.
GRAPHENpads® - the new era of braking confidence and consistency is here.. Ceramic
GRAPHENpads® are a completely new benchmark for the braking pad industry thanks to our unique approach to the design of backplate cooling fins, bespoke backplate coating with graphene as well as a completely new friction compound, which uses specially modified graphene instead of toxic copper. These pads fit Shimano road calipers like Dura-Ace, Ultegra, 105, and more.
- The first pads on the market contain specially modified graphene in their friction compound, which greatly improves braking performance, durability, and heat transfer to the backplate.
- Thanks to the backplates being entirely covered in graphene heat dissipating coating, it was possible to achieve much greater heat transfer from the friction material to the cooling fins and at the same time, increase radiation of heat (IR spectrum) by over 20% (which is very significant).
- First pads in the market with patented, angled radiator fins for superior airflow and cooling. Angle cutting provides three major benefits. 1- the increased overall surface of the radiator by 40% vs standard cutting methods. 2- significantly greater airflow compared to traditional radiators that increase convective heat dissipation 3 –most importantly, 45deg angle cutting makes all the surfaces radiate the heat away from the brake pad. Heat radiation (IR spectrum) is the highest in a perpendicular direction to the surface so in a standard radiator, every fin is radiating its heat at a neighboring fin, keeping more heat in the element. Our pads radiate all the heat away from the back plate.
- To date, GRAPHENpads® is the only brake pad in the market that completely eliminates toxic copper, ahead of new regulations (copper brake dust is proven to be toxic to aquatic life hence new California regulation will ban the use of copper from 2025)
- The extraordinary lifespan of the brake pads and rotors. According to our own tests single set of pads lasted on average 8000km ( 4900 mi) in hilly terrain. Graphene in disc pad friction material also prolongs the life of rotors by embedding graphene particles into micropores of the rotor braking surface.
- They are produced in the EU unlike the majority of other pads on the market, which come from a single Taiwanese factory.
What you will feel
- Predictability and power, allowing you to regain full control of your braking
- Better modulation and faster stopping
- Improved confidence when descending
- No brake fade, more consistency, and reliable braking feel corner after corner, even on the most demanding descends.
- They are very quiet, even during long descends.
- They reduce fatigue of your hands due to greatly reduced brake lever force needed to achieve powerful braking compared to the competition.
Compatibility : Shimano Dura Ace BR-R9270,BR-R9170, Ultegra BR-R8170,BR-R8070, 105 BR-R7070, Tiagra BR-4770, GRX BR-RX810,BR-RX400, XTR BR- M9100,BR-M9110, XT BR-M8110, SLX BR-M7110, Metrea BR-U5000, BR-RS805, BR-RS505, BR-RS405, BR-RS305, TRP HD-T910, Tektro HD- R510, HD-R310, Rever MCX1 Flat Mount
Composition: Ceramic organic Performance friction compound containing graphene. The thermal coating contains graphene. We don't use copper or any heavy metals.
Usage: All-weather conditions
In the box: Two pads, one spring
Lifespan: According to our own tests single set of pads lasted on average 8000km ( 4900 mi) in hilly terrain.
How to install GRAPHENpads
Please bed the pads in for a proper braking experience. This is a CRUCIAL part of every brake pad installation. Neglecting this step will produce a sub-par experience.
- Remove the wheel and old brake pads.
- Use a brake cleaner to clean the inside of the caliper and the rotor surface (alternatively use isopropyl alcohol)
- Gently push each piston back into the caliper body (using for example big screwdriver). Then mount new pads and spring
- The most important part - While riding at about 20km/h (12mph) in a safe environment, apply brakes evenly until speed drops to walking pace. Repeat 20 times. Then stop 10 times aggressively