absoluteBLACK 2x 110/4 BCD Road Oval Chainring (Black)
These Premium Shimano 110/4 bcd compatible oval chainrings are designed for Shimano cranks like Dura-Ace 9000, Ultegra 6800, 105- 5800 and others. These are finest oval chainrings on the market in terms of shifting, smoothness of pedaling and manufacturing quality. Not compatible with FSA cranks.
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000, Ultegra 6800, Shimano 105 5800, Tiagra 4700. Compatible with Di2 & Pioneer, SRM and other power meters
For Outer chainring please order Long bolts OR Bolt Covers
Changing Inner chainring to oval only? use original bolts
Material & Finish
cnc machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
Optimized to each size separately. 34T- 6.5% ; 36T- 11.4%, 38T- 11.4%, 50/52 - 10.3% ; Timing of 108 -109.5° after TDC (top dead center) - Ideal for road climbing. Patent Pending
Absolute Black always recommends using a new chain when fitting new chainrings.
- Ramps on big rings are specially configured for combinations: 50/34, 52/36, 52/38, 53/39T
- If you wish to use other configuration it will also work, but shifting will be slower and may require more "adjustments" of front dérailleur to be acceptable. Also remember that front dérailleur can only accept max 16T difference between 2 chainrings - this is how Shimano and Sram designed them.
- Absolute Black always recommends using a new chain when fitting new chainrings
HOW TO MOUNT 110/4 OVAL CHAINRING:
First, you need to remove your crank from your bike. Once removed, unscrew the 4 bolts that hold two chainrings together with a T-30 torx key. Remove both original rings. Locate the new oval inner chainring with the triangular timing indicator positioned behind crank arm. The bolt holes on the small chainring are recessed – so the nut heads will sit flush with the surface of the chainring - these recesses should face you when mounting the bolts. Absolute Black outer chainrings have a specific recess to accommodate the rear edge of the crank arm - position the outer ring to line up that recess with the crank arm. If you are only switching the inner chainring to oval - use the original bolts that came with your crank. If you are switching to a pair of oval rings, you will need a set of regular ‘double’ chainring bolts. Tighten all four bolts with force of about 5-7Nm. Mount your crank back to the bike. You may also need to adjust the front derailleur upwards by 2-3mm.
All Absolute Black products are designed in UK and manufactured in Poland (EU) to the highest standards of quality.
Cranks visible on the photos are not included to the purchased chainrings.
The World's finest oval (elliptical) road chainring. Non circular chainrings, Non-round chainrings. Asymmetrical chainrings.
Advantages of absoluteBlack Road Oval Rings:
- One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
- Over 15% stiffer than Rotor Qrings due to thicker, 5mm construction
- Bespoke Absolute Black 6 point ramp and recess shifting design shifts better than any other brand and model of oval chainring
- Finest design that provides excellent strength to weight ratio
- You will not "feel" the oval shape while pedaling
- Your pedalling action will feel smoother
- Helps reduce stress on knees and helping your legs remain fresher for longer
- You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
- Reduces possibility of leg cramps
- You will reduce chainring/cog shifts by at least 15%