absoluteBLACK Shimano 1x 104 BCD Oval Chainring
Estimated Shipping Widget will be displayed here! (with custom color)
Our Premium 1X 104 & 64bcd Oval traction chainrings are designed for any cranks that use a 104bcd mounting interface. This is the most common mounting standard for Shimano and other 4 arm cranks.
It is ideal for 1x 9/10/11/12spd and Singlespeeds. Oval (elliptical) narrow-wide chainring does not compromise the work of the clutch mechanism in the rear derailleur. It also does not require a chain tensioner when using in singlespeed application. Riding out of the saddle on the uphill will become more pleasant. These chainrings also help you to recover after knee injuries as pedaling becomes smoother and less exhausting. It is the most advanced oval chainring currently on the market.
The most advanced, Patent Pending narrow/wide tooth profile ever produced, guarantee minimum of 12 months of excellent chain retention capabilities! We mean it. Always use a new chain with a new chainring.
Why absoluteBLACK oval chainrings work
Oval rings work with natural human physiology. Oval chainrings maximize the part of the stroke where power is produced and minimize resistance where it isn't. As a direct consequence, Oval rings enhance a cyclist's ability to spin with smoother power delivery and feel easier on legs while climbing.
You will actually feel your pedal stroke to be more " round" with an Oval chainring than with a round chainring.
Why using oval chainrings matters
In comparison to round chainrings, when using oval chainrings, human legs utilize more muscle groups - but each of them to a lesser degree. The overall load from pedaling an oval chainring is spread over a greater muscle mass, which reduces the peak loads on knee joints.
This has three key benefits: firstly, it gives you the feeling of fresher and more relaxed legs. Secondly, it allows you to achieve a higher average speed riding uphill. Thirdly, spreading the pedaling load over more muscles reduces the risk of cramp, even when riding hard. This means your overall enjoyment of the ride is enhanced. On the MTB side in addition rear tire traction improves greatly on loose and slippery terrain when using an oval. Climbing becomes much easier in demanding terrain.
30t chainring has built-in 2.5 mm spacers and threaded holes (M8 / M5) to accommodate this size on the spider
- Finest design to provide excellent weight to strength ratio
- One of a kind special oval shape (Patent Pending)
- Unique Patent Pending narrow-wide teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for minimum of 12 months!
- Special 3D teeth machining for ultimate mud relief decrease wear and noise dramatically
- Designed to handle mud and grass with easy
- Superb quality and great look.
- You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using round rings then others will get quicker.
- Reduces stress on the knees and helps to maintain your legs fresher for longer.
- You will not "feel" the oval shape at all.
- Size : 104BCD: 32T(33g), 34T(40g), 36T(47g), 38T (60g)
- Colour Options : Black, Racing Red
- Compatibility: All cranks with 4x 104/64BCD interface. That means Shimano, Sram, Race Face, FSA, etc
- Material: CNC machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing
- Mounting Holes :4 x 104mm BCD
- Chain Options: 10, 11, or 12spd chain for geared bike or 6-8 spd one for SS (1/8" also fits). If used in 1x9 drivetrain - 10spd chain must be used to obtain the performance. (yes - 10spd chain will work great on 9spd cassette)
- Chainguide needed: No. (but for very aggressive enduro riding it is recommended to use an upper chain guide or at minimum bash guard.)