Effetto Mariposa Caffelatex 29" Tubeless Rim Tape (Single)
🚚 Delivery Estimated between 09 December and 14 December.
Caffélatex Tubeless Strip is a very light, puncture-proof and transparent tubeless rim strip that makes tubeless conversions quick and easy. Strip allows tubeless conversion of most standard bicycle wheels, using Tubeless or Tubeless-Ready tyres and Caffélatex or Végétalex sealant. "Single" means you get just one Strip, no tubeless valve included.
- The easiest way to perform a tubeless conversion.
- Very light tubeless rim strip.
- Long lasting, it can be moved from one wheel to another.
- Extended range of widths.
- "Single" means you get just one Strip, with no tubeless valve included.
Note for road and gravel riders looking for the correct Strip for their wheels
wheels identified as 29" (for mtb), 28" (for road) and 700c have the same rim diameter, 622 mm in ISO/ETRTO standard. Therefore, the right Strip for 700c wheels is 29".
wheels identified as 27,5" (for mtb) and 650b have the same rim diameter, 584 mm in ISO/ETRTO standard. Therefore, the right Strip for 650b wheels is 26/27,5"
Tubeless conversion, made easy
Caffélatex Strip is the ultimate tubeless solution for very difficult rims (for example, aluminum rims with mat surface finishing, rims with very deep channel, pin-joined rims where the junction is not welded etc.). This because Strip isn’t adhesive: it’s made in one piece and relies on its elasticity to sit tight on the rim
Please note: sorry, Strip won't work on asymetric rims with off-center valve hole.
To convert a rim to tubeless, simply remove the existing rim-strip, choose the appropriate Strip size and follow the following easy steps:
- 1.(OPTIONAL STEP) Use a roll of electrician tape and seal the spoke holes of the rim. This just in order to create an additional protection to prevent sealant from getting inside the rim inner chamber, in the unlikely case the Strip moves and let some liquid go through.
- 2.Insert a tubeless valve in the hole of Strip, so that the rubber base is in contact with Strip.
- 3.Secure Strip to the rim, tightening the nut on the valve stem. It’s important to push the valve base against the rim while doing so, to achieve a proper air-tightness.
- <1i>4.Keeping the wheel with the valve at 12 o’ clock, finish mounting Strip onto the rim. <1i>5.With a screwdriver or a similar tool, center Strip inside the rim channel. <1i>6.Add tubeless tyre, Caffélatexor Végétalexsealant, inflate, ride.
Additional details in the tech video down below.
Being thin (0,8 mm) and strong, Strip only weighs 30 g (for S 26″/27,5″), making it weight-wise competitive with adhesive tubeless tapes (ranging between 9 and 20 g per wheel) and simply superior to old butyl tubeless rim strips (with limited strength and adding over 65 g per wheel).
Highly resistant to damage and puncture
The special polymer employed in its construction makes Strip highly resistant to damage and puncture. It’s also very stable from a chemical standpoint and cannot be damaged by Caffélatex or other non-chemically aggressive tyre sealants.
WARNING: using sealants containing aggressive chemicals or ammonia, or cleaning the rim with aggressive chemical products can damage Caffélatex Tubeless Strip and may represent dangers to the user.We recommend using only Caffélatex or Végétalex sealants, or Espresso/Espresso Doppio inflate & repair cartridges with Caffélatex Tubeless Strip.
Something you can do with Strip that you simply can’t with adhesive tubeless tapes: moving Strip from one rim to another. As the Strip material is very durable, its lifespan can exceed the one of the rim it’s mounted on, and can it be removed and mounted on another rim. Strip can also be removed and mounted on the same rim if a spoke needs to be replaced.
Effetto Mariposa Caffelatex Tubeless Rim Tape