Giant Contend 2 (Cold Iron)
🚚 Delivery Estimated between 11 December and 16 December.
SMOOTH, FAST AND FUN. THIS VERSATILE ALUMINIUM ROAD BIKE HELPS YOU PUSH THE PACE, RIDE MORE MILES, AND EXPAND YOUR ROAD RIDING EXPERIENCE.
- Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel that blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
- Innovative D-Fuse seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations, and a Giant WheelSystem lets you run tubeless tyres up to 32c for a smoother ride quality and reduced risk of flats.
- Seamless disc brake integration, including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles, produces more consistent braking power for better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- Intended Use- Endurance
- Wheel Size- 700c
- Braking System- Rim
- Frame Material- Aluminium
- Fork Material- Carbon
- Frame- ALUXX-Grade Aluminum
- Fork- Advanced-Grade Composite, Full-Composite OverDrive Steerer
- Bottom Bracket- Cartridge
- Chain- KMC Z72
- Crank- FSA Tempo, 34/50
- Shift Levers- Shimano Claris
- Cassette- CS-HG50-8, 11x34
- Front Derailleur- Shimano Claris
- Rear Derailleur- Shimano Claris
- Grips/Bartape- Cork Tape VLT-004
- Handlebar- Giant Connect
- Stem- Giant Sport
- Saddle- GIANT Approach with GIANT patented UniClip & ParticleFlow technology
- Seatpost- Giant D-Fuse Alloy Offset 14mm
- Front Brake- Tektro TK-B177
- Rear Brake- Tektro TK-B177
- Front Wheel- Giant S-R3
- Rear Wheel- Giant S-R3
- Tire- Giant S-R3 AC all condition Road 700x28C
- Pedal- GA,Pan-Eu: no pedal, GU,GV,GJ:Platform pedal Rest GSC :Pedal w/Toe clip and strape
|A||Seat Tube Length (mm)||430||465||500||535||555||585|
|B||Seat Tube Angle||74.8°||74°||73.5°||73°||73°||72.5°|
|C||Top Tube Length (mm)||515||530||545||560||575||595|
|D||Head Tube Length (mm)||123||138||158||178||198||218|
|E||Head Tube Angle||71°||71.8°||72.5°||72.5°||72.5°||72.5°|
|F||Fork Rake (mm)||50||50||50||50||50||50|
|I||Chain Stay Length (mm)||412||412||412||412||412||412|
|J||Bottom Bracket Drop (mm)||75||75||75||70||70||70|
|M||Stand Over Height (mm)||720||746||774||803||821||844|
|N||Handlebar Width (mm)||400||400||420||420||440||440|
|O||Stem Length (mm)||80||90||100||100||110||110|
|P||Crank Length (mm)||170||170||172.5||172.5||175||175|
Contend 2 is a good beginner bike with all rounder geometry. BOTS packing and customer service is topnotch
After much research I narrowed in on Giant Contend 2 and Trek Domane AL 2. The Trek was cheaper by 3k, but the tyre width turned out to be the dealbreaker for me. Huge thanks to Rohan for also helping me make this decision.
Contend 2 is an excellent bike and gives the right combo of speed and control for someone coming up from a hybrid.
Shifting with the Claris works like a dream, and even though there was a minor issue with the shift lever making contact at lower gears with the upper gear level, it needed a bit of pushing by hand and it's been smooth so far.
Really hope to do a lot more longer rides with this.