Surly Pacer Frameset (Disco Tomato)
🚚 Delivery Estimated between 12 December and 17 December.
This is not a racing bike. It’s a bike meant for all-day rides. That may not be glamorous but it makes a lot more sense for how people actually ride than many road bikes out there. Pacer’s geometry and Surly-designed cro-moly steel tubing make it fast and efficient like a road bike should be. It’s lively climbing, and descends with equal agility. It’s comfy too.
The clearance for tires up to about 32mm is a nice feature for an all-day bike. Higher volume tires take the edge off the bumps and jangles which otherwise can harsh your ride. The frame is designed around common component standards, so there aren’t many restrictions about how you can build it. It doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles, but then it doesn’t need them. Add water bottle cages and fenders if you like, then get out and ride.
There are a lot of other road frames out there that are flashier, more exotic, and full of promises most riders only dream of fulfilling. The Pacer doesn’t need to make promises. It’s too busy out there in the sun and rain, pounding out miles, flying down the road, getting ridden hard day in and day out.
- Tubing : Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. TIG-welded
- Rear Dropouts : Vertical dropouts, 130mm spaced; with eyelet
- Brake Compatibility : Mid-reach 47–57mm
- Braze-ons/extras : Single fender eyelets front and rear, dual water bottle mounts, and pump peg (54cm and larger)
- Seatpost diameter : 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter : 30.0mm Surly stainless, included
- Headset/Steerer Tube : 1-1/8˝ threadless
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter : 28.6mm
- Bottom bracket shell : 68mm wide, threaded English 1.37˝ x 24t
- Chainring Clearance : 39/53t
- Tire Clearance : Room for 700c x 32mm or 700c x 28mm with fenders
- Fork : 4130 CroMoly, lugged and brazed. Sloping crown, tapered and butted curved blades with dual dropout eyelets
- Weight : 54cm = 4.62 lb (2.10kg) Fork—uncut = 2.2 lb (1000g)
- Color : Disco Tomato