Surly Straggler Frameset 700c (Mint)
Estimated Shipping Widget will be displayed here! (with custom color)
The most obvious difference of course is that the Straggler has disc caliper mounts instead of rim brake studs. It’ll accept rotors up to 160mm. The rear dropouts are unique, too. They’re a partially closed horizontal design that accommodates singlespeed or geared drivetrains. They feature stop screws that thread in from the rear to further secure the wheel and to position the rear wheel for optimal shifting, plus a forward-mounted stop screw on the drive side to keep the wheel from slipping forward under the force of your gargantuan legs. The rear dropouts are spaced 135mm instead of 132.5mm like the Cross-Check simply because there are far more options for disc hubs in this spacing.
- Straggler shares all of the Cross-Check’s braze-ons for fenders, racks and bottle cages.
- The Straggler’s geometry is slightly different, with angles and tube lengths very close but not identical to the Cross-Check, but like the Cross-Check it’s ready to take you just about anywhere.
- It’s a day tripper and a weekender. It’s a ‘rough road’ road bike. It’s a cyclocross bike with no pretense about racing. It’s a utilitarian townie. It’s a light-duty touring bike. It’s an all-weather commuter. And when you get tired of one set up, you can swap parts around and turn it into something else. We think that’s pretty neat.
- Tubing - Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Main triangle double-butted. ED Coated
- Rear Dropouts - Forward–exiting horizontal dropouts with adjusters give you singlespeed compatibility and wheelbase adjustability to help you fit the tires and fenders you want to run with that drivetrain you want to run. 135mm spacing
- Brake Compatibility - Disc only. 160mm max rotor size
- Braze-ons/extras - Fender eyelets at the dropouts, front and rear rack bosses and dual water bottle mounts. Oh yeah, it sports downtube shifter mounts also
- Seatpost diameter - 27.2mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter - 30.0mm, Surly stainless clamp included
- Headset/Steerer Tube - EC34/28.6 upper, EC34/30 lower
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter - 28.6mm
- Bottom bracket shell - 68mm wide, standard English threaded 1.37 x 24t
- Chainring Clearance - Manipulated so you can fit pretty much whatever size rings you want. Go nuts!
- Tire Clearance - Our Fatties Fit Fine (FFF) stays and our beautiful slope-crowned custom fork provide room for tires up to 700c x 42mm! With fenders!
- Fork - 4130 CroMoly, disc only, lugged and brazed. Sloping crown with threaded eylets, tapered and butted curved blades with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets
- Weight - 54cm = 4.74 lb (2.27kg) Fork—uncut = 2.3 lb (1050g)
|Seat Tube Length
|Top Tube Length
|Effective Top Tube Length
|Head Tube Angle||72.0||72.0||72.0||72.0||72.0||72.0|
|Seat Tube Angle||73.5||73.0||72.5||72.5||72.0||72.0|
|Head Tube Length||91.0||107.0||121.0||146.0||165.0||185.0|