DT Swiss 240 Classic Rear Hub (Black)
🚚 Delivery Estimated between 25 February and 01 March.
With the 240 Classic Road rear hub, your road bike gets an update to the latest freehub technology. The Ratchet EXP 36-tooth freehub achieves a large contact area which ensures high power transmission. The fact that the bearings are integrated into the threaded rings means that the distance between the bearings can be increased. This leads to greater rigidity, which means less load on the bearings and therefore increases durability.
- DT Swiss hubs are known for the No-Tool concept. The concept allows the tool-free conversion to all common axle and freewheel body standards. All DT Swiss Ratchet System hubs can be converted.
- The previous Ratchet System required two springs to function correctly as the inboard ratchet was not fixed to the hub shell. The fusion of the ratchet and the threaded ring in the Ratchet EXP hub not only increases durability, it also reduces the overall number of components, utilizing a single spring, resulting in a decrease in the weight of the freehub system.
- The fixed connection between the inner ratchet and the hub shell of the RATCHET EXP ensures that the inner ratchet is always aligned at the correct angle. This allows the use of a single cylindrical spring, resulting in faster full engagement and therefore increased reliability.
- What makes the Ratchet System hubs superior is the fact that all teeth on each of the ratchets engage simultaneously every time. In the case of pawl hubs, the engagement surface area is rather small. With the Ratchet System, the whole front face engages, creating much smaller point loads. The result is the legendary reliability of the Ratchet System hubs.
- The bearing distance is limited by the size of the freehub system. In the previous system, the drive side bearing had to be placed next to the threaded ring which meant that the distance could not be increased. The integration of the drive side bearing into the threaded ring increases the bearing distance, resulting in a 15% improvement in axis stiffness.
- Brake Type- Rim Brake
- Speed- 11 Speed
- Axle- 10mm QR
- O.L.D- 130mm
- Freehub- Shimano/SRAM
- Flange Distance (L/R)- 50.3 mm
- Spoke Type- J Bend
- Material- Aluminium
- Weight(Apprx)- 221g
- Return Policy
This Product is eligeble for 30-days Easy Return. T&C Applied
Do check our detailed Return Policy for more information.