Surly Karate Monkey Frameset (Black)
🚚 Delivery Estimated between 10 December and 15 December.
Years ago the Karate Monkey helped start the 29” wheel movement and, as time’s gone by, many companies – Surly included – have experimented with even more wheel sizes.
The Karate Monkey frame has recently gotten a make over that includes the addition of features like internal dropper post routing, a new tubeset that uses the same trumpet tubes found on our Instigator 2.0, and a slight tweak in geometry that is more progressive and trail-oriented. The Karate Monkey uses a horizontal dropout with a derailleur hanger that features Gnot-Boost spacing, which gives the rider the ability to run any kind of mountain bike hub they choose. 10 x 135mm QR, 12 x 142, or 12 x 148 Boost™ will all work in the Karate Monkey frame.
- Tubing: Surly 4130 CroMoly Steel ‘Natch tubing
- Rear Dropouts: Horizontal slotted with derailleur hanger; Surly “Gnot Boost” 135, 142, or 148mm hub spacing compatibility, threaded fender eyelets
- Brake Compatibility: 51mm I.S. disc caliper mounts, 180mm max rotor size
- Braze-ons/extras: Dual bottle-mounts on XS–M, three bottle-mounts on LG–XL, dropper post routing, rack and fender mounts
- Seatpost diameter: 30.9mm
- Seatpost clamp diameter: 33.1mm (Surly stainless included)
- Headset/Steerer Tube: 44mm
- Front Derailleur Clamp Diameter: 34.9mm, high direct-mount
- Bottom bracket shell: 73mm
- Chainring Clearance: 32t Boost 1x, 24/36t Boost 2x, 28t 1x, 24/34t 2x
- Tire Clearance: 27.5 x 3.0˝ and 29 x 2.5˝, individual tire and rim combos affect tire clearance
- Fork: 140mm travel suspension fork compatible (547mm A-to-C max)
- Thru Axle: HU0138 Surly 15x110 Front Thru Axle, HU0134 Surly 12x142/148 Rear Thru Axle
- Color: Hi-Viz Black